Friday, October 29, 2010

Qualifying to Study Law in Ghana

I can only, for now, speak with some authority about the University of Ghana and the KNUST.

At the University of Ghana, law is a 2-year postgraduate course. It does not really matter in which subjects the degree is. But one needs to get a good GPA. I believe you generally must have a 2:1 or 1. Not sure about a 2:2 but I will check on that.

The 3-stage process involves an application form, a written exam and interview (for short-listed people).

At the KNUST, law is a course for both undergrads (4 years) and postgrads (3 years). For postgrads, I reckon the qualification is pretty much similar to the University of Ghana, though I do not believe they have an interview system. For undergrads, a good qualification from your SSSCE is what you require.

I will try and find out about Zenith College and provide information on that.

16 comments:

  1. I think you mean Zenith University......

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is Zenith University College. So you were all right. And if I may, Zenith offers the University of London LL.B. programme. There is a postgraduate route as well as an undergraduate route. The postgraduate takes two years whilst the undergraduate route takes a year. The LL.B. is a qualifying law degree which enables a holder to proceed to Makola and enroll on the professional law course. The advantage of the University of London LL.B. degree is it also qualifies holders to enroll on the Bar Professional Training Course in any of the nine Bar Schools in England and Wales. Read more ... http://www.zenithcollegeghana.org/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so please what is the qualification needed to apply for this programme and how do i apply for it

      Delete
  3. ....yes the knust campus conducts interviews too and u can also do a 4year part-time post graduate

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a degree in psychology with a good GPA.I want to persue law badly,how do i go about it

    ReplyDelete
  5. pls i graduated with 2:2 in maths education from University of Lagos in Nigeria, and a degree in corporate and public administration with the Institute of Chartered secretaries and administrators.Can i study law in the University of Ghana.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Law School Experience – An Oswego based leading law education experience provide you legal education, law courses, law degree and online law programs with Socratic method.

    studying law

    ReplyDelete
  7. LSE is the accelerated law school preparatory program which will prepare every prospective law student for the unique challenges of law school.

    studying law

    ReplyDelete
  8. Plz i jux graduated from one of d polytechnics wit 2nd class upper n i want to read law so hw possible it is

    ReplyDelete
  9. how much is the fees for new students for this year 2012

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in level 200 at the university of ghana, i'm offering political science at the moment and i hope to proceed to study law at the university of Ghana as well. Problem is, i don't know how to calculate my GPA especially since i am a distant student. Any help is highly welcome.Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I WANT TO KNOW IF GIMPA OFFERS LLM

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will like to know what are the requirements from student with a wassce result who wishes to enroll in Zanit university?

    ReplyDelete
  13. am a level 400 student in the university of education , winneba, my next aim is to read law at either UG or MAKOLA, please how will i go about it?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am a degree holder n want to do LLB @ UG, Legon.l have 3rd class andl want know the GPA they approve for the program for post first degree

    ReplyDelete